Roger Thomas, PMHNP-BC
Roger is a board-certified Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. His focus is in treating veterans and trauma-based mental health concerns. Roger is qualified to treat mental illness for clients 7 years and older. His treatment focus includes depression, anxiety, panic disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, addiction, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, schizophrenia, and schizoaffective disorder.
Roger has experience in multiple healthcare settings since 2016. He has worked as a Family Nurse Practitioner in family, pulmonary, and critical care medicine. He takes a patient-centered approach to patient care, where patients are encouraged to collaborate with the provider in the formulation of treatment planning. Roger’s aim is to help patients towards remission of symptoms and maximize functioning in daily life as well as overall physical and mental well-being through evidence-based treatment.
Education and Certifications
- Holds a current TN board of nursing APRN and RN license.
- Board Certified Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – American NursingCredentialing Center certification in 2023 – present.
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner – American Academy of Nurse Practitioners certification in 2018-present.
- Master of Science in Nursing from East Tennessee State University – Johnson City in 2016.
- Post-Masters Certificate in Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner from Lincoln Memorial University – Harrogate in 2023.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from University of Tennessee – Knoxville in 2012.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing from University of Tennessee – Knoxville in 2001.