Melissa Spears, PMHNP-BC
Melissa Spears is a board-certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Melissa has experience in treating mental illness for clients across the lifespan. Melissa has experience in a variety of settings including crisis stabilization units, residential treatment facilities, Detoxification treatment facilities, and community health. Her practice focus includes anxiety, depression, attention deficit disorder, addiction, post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar, schizoaffective disorder, and schizophrenia.
Melissa’s treatment approach is guided by a combination of evidence-based guidelines and her clinical experience. She strives to build rapport with her patients and families while working closely with an interdisciplinary and inter-professional collaboration to provide a holistic, patient-centered approach to her patients.
Education and Certifications
- Holds a current TN board of nursing APN and RN license.
- American Nursing Credentialing Center certification in 2021- present.
- Original RN license from Baptist Health School of Nursing in Little Rock, Arkansas
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from WGU
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration and Leadership from WGU
- Post-Master’s for Psychiatric Mental Health from Maryville University